Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Month of Gratitude Day 3-6

Since being sick I haven't felt up to blogging and missed a few days. I did however think each day what I was grateful for so here is my catch up!

November 3

Today I am grateful for my heating pad. I have had a terrible earache and thanks to my extra long heating pad I have been able to place it on my ear and sleep. In fact I sleep with this heating pad every night. I think it has turned into a child/baby blanket syndrome for me...
side note: thanks brett for buying this awesome heating pad


November 4

Today I am grateful for Visiting Teaching. I finally received my visiting teaching assignment in our ward today, delivered by an equally sick as me Relief Society President! Bless her heart! When I served as Relief Society President (RSP) back in my BYU ward I gained a testimony of just how important Visiting Teaching really is. It is because of Visiting Teaching that lasting friendships based not just on mutual interests but also spiritual experiences are formed. I can't wait to get started!

November 5

Today I am grateful for Skype. I can't even express how much the ability to not only talk to but SEE my family that is far away has affected my happiness the past 5 years. Having been stuck in bed for 4 days with no one else home for 2 of those days Skyping (is this a real verb?) with my parents brought me some much needed comfort and laughter.

November 6

Today I am grateful for The Mormon Channel. I missed church because I am still sick so I turned on The Mormon Channel app on my Iphone. I was able to listen to Elder Holland talk about Joseph Smith's life and I was brought to tears three times as I felt the spirit testify of Joseph Smith as a true prophet of God. I feel so blessed to be in a world where because of technology I can hear the words of God at any time in any place.

1 comments:

Ike, Al, Reagan, and Emmett said...

Thanks for your comment about my babes. She is pretty adorable! I'm grateful for your comments on what you are thankful for because it reminds me of all the things I'm grateful for this month. I also just got the Mormon Channel on my phone this morning actually and I have loved it! So neat! I hope all is well for you!