Saturday, July 24, 2010

“Travel teaches toleration.” Benjamin Disraeli


In all honesty I have no idea where to begin. This past month has been a hurricane of events and life has hit us hard. My last update I was living in an extended stay hotel in Sioux Falls South Dakota. As usual the decision to move to Sioux Falls didn't live up to its expectations and promises just like all of North Dakota.

Brett then moved to Rapid City to try it out for a week but instead after two days they decided it wasn't going to work out as well so we were given 24 hours notice to move to Boise Idaho. Brett called to let me know they were thinking about going to Boise and then 3 hours later said that it had been decided and asked if I would mind packing everything up (including his flat screen TV and ridiculously huge Imac) and driving to Rapid City so we could get on the road the next morning. Wanting to be an amazing Summer Sales Wife I packed up the whole car and drove 5 hours to Rapid City. I safely arrived at about 11:30. We then woke up at about 8 and began our 21 hour drive to Boise Idaho. Before we got on the road we decided we would probably never be in Rapid City again so we might as well stop and see Mt. Rushmore. Here are a few pics. Mind you we both gained a little weight having to eat only microwavable food in the extended stay hotel.
We took $10.00 worth of pictures and then booked it out of there. We wanted to make the $10 parking fee worth it.

As you can see there were a TON of people there. It was the 4th of July weekend so everyone from Hawaii to Maine decided to come and see Mt. Rushmore.

Not so sure why I felt compelled to do this pose. It just seemed right...


This is pretty much how I see Brett everyday. APX hat and on the phone. To his credit he was trying to figure out the plans for Boise.

Brett by the Utah Pillar. Once again on the phone...

We then began our journey to Idaho. Just a little background about me and traveling.
  • I hate driving
  • Especially long distances
  • Flying is even worse
  • Cruises are only enjoyable if I am continually pumped full of dramamine
The only way I will drive for more than 3 hours is if I am heading to my parents house in SUNNY St. George where I KNOW a pool, delicious food, endless movies, and a feather bed are waiting for me with the best company in the world.

Sadly I had no way out of driving to Idaho for 21 hours so Brett and I made the best of it and had a wonderful time talking, singing, and dancing. Brett was an awesome sport and let me sleep to keep me from puking all over the car. He also drove the whole time! We stopped in Idaho Falls and stayed at my sweet Gram's house where we enjoyed a comfortable bed. The first thing I had to do before we went to her house though was stop and get a Sno Cone at the Sno Shack me and my girlfriends kept in business all through Jr. High and High School. I got to see my beautiful friend Lauren and catch up with her at the Sno Shack. It was so fun seeing her again for the first time in almost a year! Hilary my sister and my darling nephew Caleb came over the next morning and chatted with us and Grams before we had to head out for the last 5 hours of our journey. We were lucky and caught Grandma Sheppard at home as well so we got to spend some time with her and catch up.

We finally arrived in Nampa where we lived in yet another Hotel for a week and then moved into our apartments here in Boise. Ours of course had an awful stench just like our hotel in Sioux Falls and was filthy. We got everything cleaned up before I headed out for my trip to St. George to visit family. I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off Saturday trying to get things comfortable here in the apartment for Brett before I took off leaving him here alone to fend for himself. I bought lots of frozen dinners and all his favorite cereals and lunch foods. (food is WAY cheaper here than in N&S Dakota) We have no dishes so I bought a bunch of paper products for us to use for the rest of the summer and a cheap pan to cook in from TJ Maxx. I still have no idea how I am going to cook without any cooking appliances or utensils...

I left that Monday July 12th to what I felt was a well deserved vacation. I have terrible guilt about 3 of my Dainty Petal orders that I got while still in Sioux Falls that I still haven't been able to send out. That's 3 weeks. I'm more professional than that but I couldn't do anything about it everything has been packed away until now! I will be sure to get on top of my shop and get it up and running again.

I am tired of blogging so I will tell about my trip to St. George later. For now you are 3/4 of the way caught up in my life.







ps. about the privacy thing. I have been getting comments from some Japanese/Chinese people who link to porn websites so I had to throw them off by going private. Hopefully it will work, if not I will go private permanently. I apologize!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I sooo don't envy your summer. That sucks. I got the little chinese messages too. They went away eventually. I have no idea what that's about. It's weird though.

Anyway, good luck on everything from here on out. Where are you going after Boise?

Michelle said...

loved the update!!!

Your adventures are SO reminiscent of my first married summer...while it was part of the plan for Kyle to move around to sell in 3 different cities during the summer, it was not part of the plan for me to get pregnant....echhh.
Living in stinky extended stays are not fun-- so glad you have an apt! YAY!

Needless to say, the subsequent summers were spent in ONE city and oh how much better that was! Alas, you do what you gotta do and smile. It pays the bills. :) You're a good sport and Brett is a hard workin' man.

PS Cade did not forget about his playdate with you and kept telling Savvy all week, "Are you excited to go to Stefanie's house on Friday?" I finally had to break it to him you weren't living here just yet. He was crushed. So cute.

Tere Shake said...

busy girl you are! i am sorry i hate traveling those long distances too! i hope st. george gave you a good time and some rest!

if you go private permanently add me! willandtere@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Stefffffffff,
Oh boy! Sounds like you've had one crazy summer! Thanks for keeping us updated! I can't wait for you to be back in Provo....because you will be back here in the fall, right?!
LOVE YOU!!