I love Father's Day. I love it A LOT. The reason I do is because I love my Dad A LOT. Hands down I have the best Dad around. No battle.
I was lucky enough to have a Dad growing up who really cared about me and my future from elementary up till college. He was always there by my side supporting me through all my Student Government Campaigns, Choir concerts, Math assignments, English assignments, brutal BYU Finals, and when I was on the committee for school dances he even chaperoned 4 times! I know he did all this not only because I am his favorite daughter but also to help show me how important these things would be in shaping my future... besides the whole dance committee thing.
Another reason why I love my Dad is because of all the wonderful things he has taught me. I might mention here he graduated Summa Cum Laude at BYU and then attended Stanford Law. To say he is intelligent is an understatement so as you can imagine I had a lot to learn from him.
Here are the top 3.
1. Cereal can be an amazing esculent experience. Instead of eating just one plain cereal you can double or triple the fun by combining cereals. Also cereal is even better right before bed.
Example. Frosted Mini Wheats+Multi Grain Cheerios.
That is my personal favorite. I can't eat a bowl of cereals without combining 2 together. Thanks Dad!
2. Math CAN be done without the use of fingers or a calculator.
3. Every dishwasher is different and consequently its owners manual should always be read for maximum efficiency. My Dad is the Dishwasher Whisperer... present him with a sink full of dishes and he will load the dishwasher perfectly.

My Dad has always been such a great example of service. My Mom is really good at starting projects. And her projects are always BIG. My Dad is always there to help her out and get them all done... even when they don't turn out or last very long.

My Dad love love loves his grandchildren and his grandchildren adore him. He is always there to take them for a swim in the pool or a walk. I am so excited for my kids to have him as a Grandpa.

My Dad loves his family and always carries the spirit with him. He's always the one to call for family prayer and scriptures and is always prepared to give a much needed Father's blessing. He works so hard to provide us all with a comfortable life and enjoys giving to those who need it. I look to him as a perfect example of someone who lives a Christ-like life.

Dad, I love you so much and miss you every day! Thanks for all you have done for Brett and I. I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!


2 comments:
im not even joking im teary eyed right now. can i pleaseeee meet your family some day?!
I love this guy, a whole lot. Very cute post Stef. Just a clarification though... did you really mean to type "favorite daughter" cause that title is already taken... ;)
Post a Comment