(Photo curtesy of a ghetto Iphone)
Let me start this post by telling you a little about this recipe.
About 9 years ago my Grandma Sheppard came to Sunday dinner and brought with her a few things of tupperware claiming to have brought dessert. I have to admit I was nervous when I saw the fresh cut Strawberries because call my crazy.... I didn't like "lumps" in my desserts, yogurts, jams etc. It wasn't until just recently I have come to love putting fresh fruit on my desserts and yogurts. ( I still don't like lumpy jam or yogurt with the fruit in the bottom... blegh)
Anyway...
We finished dinner and she pulled out some biscuits, pudding, whipped cream, and the Strawberries and began to build a tower of deliciousness. Biscuit then pudding then Strawberries then more biscuit and pudding and Strawberries all topped with whipped cream...pure heaven!
Since that fateful day I've had the dessert less than a handful of times. It wasn't until I was out here in Alabama looking for biscuit mix for Brett's favorite meal of Biscuits and Gravy that I remembered the dessert and decided I HAD to make it. Last night I finally got around to it and it has been on my mind ever since the first bite.
So here is the recipe so you can enjoy this pure awesomeness as well.
Shortcake Ingredients:
2 1/3 Cups Original Bisquick Mix
2/3 Cup Milk (I used Almond Milk)
3 Tbsp Sugar
3 Tbsp Butter or Margarine melted (I had to use Country Crock...)
Directions:
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 Tbsp sugar and butter until soft dough forms.
Drop 6 or 8 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile mix together Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding with 3 cups Milk (Again I used my Almond Milk) for 2 minutes and set in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
By the time thats done your biscuits should be ready.
(Just like this... Ta Da!)
Next you pick your fruit. I chose fresh picked peaches because they are oh so delicious!
Slice them or cube them or whatever you would like and mix with sugar if needed. (mine where already sweet so I left out that step)
Oh man I love peaches!
Now its time to assemble the tower of awesomeness.
Cut the Biscuits in half and place a spoonful..or two.. of pudding on top of the bottom half. Then a spoonful of fruit. Sandwich with the top half of the biscuit and repeat with more pudding and fruit if desired or just fruit. Top it all off with whipped cream and devour!
I hope you will enjoy this just as much as I do and if you don't then give me a call and I will gladly come and take your leftovers off of your hands.


2 comments:
yum. glad to see you blogging again!
Yum!!! I want some. It looks amazing Stef. Grandma would be proud. Can't wait for peach season here. You are so lucky.
Love you.
Post a Comment