On Wednesday night after Brett left to return to Seattle I went and redboxed a movie I had been wanting to see for about 2 months. I had checked redboxes countlessly and tried to order it on demand but for some reason it never worked! I finally found (drum roll) The Boy in the Striped Pajamas at a Walmart redbox. I was so excited! I knew it was going to be kind of sad but still at least hoped for a happy ending. If you don't know what this movie is about here is a brief synopsis without ruining the end.
This movie is set during World War II, and is a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, who has a forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence. Their friendship ends up having startling and unexpected consequences.
I have cried in movies before but this is one of the only movies that has made me want to sob. I honestly was so moved by this movie. The acting was perfect for the movie, the actors were so good! I went through more emotions for the characters in this show than I have in any other, I could hardly believe it! I recommend this movie to anyone and everyone. However it is PG-13 because of thematic elements involving the Holecaust. If you watch it let me know what you think of it!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Lines May Divide Us, But Hope Will Unite Us
Posted by
Unknown
at
7:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment