I realize this is my first post this year! So Happy New Year! I am so bad at keeping up with my blog but I have a few extra minutes in between my classes and I have already looked at all the blogs I frequently read. So here is an update on my life so far.
This semester I am trying out a new genre of classes outside of Landscaping. They all come from the envelope of classes entitled SFL or School of Family Life. I know it sounds lame and I have promised myself to never major in this "sell out, easy major" however I suppose the Lord knows me better than I know myself because I am absolutely LOVING all my classes! They are so spiritually uplifting and encouraging. They give me hope and make me excited for my future.
My first class is Strengthening Marriage and Family. This class is devoted to The Family: A Proclamation to the World. Can you imagine and entire class on just the Proclamation?! It is as wonderful as it sounds! Everyday we learn about a new aspect or doctrine taught from the Proclamation and I have really had a wonderful awakening on how amazing my family is. My next class is Creating Home as a Sacred Enviroment. This one is probably my least favorite just because it deals with all the routines of home which is not neccessarily something I am dealing with. I still do enjoy it though because it is helping me figure out exactly the kind of home I want to have. I then have a Doctrine and Covenants class which is really good but nothing special.
My last two classes are my favorites. First LDS Marriage and Family Relations. This class is a religion credit but is honestly one of the most insightful and interesting classes I have taken. Everyday I learn something knew and help put my thoughts and desires into perspective. My professor is absolutely brilliant and of course entertaining. He is blunt, to the point and just doesn't beat around the bush on things that are uncomfortable to talk about. My last class is Human Development. I have the best professor for this class. He is passionate about what he teaches and also keeps everyones attention by telling entertaining stories to help us understand the material better. He is to the point and also appreciates everyones input. This class is making me consider studying further about Human Development. So there is my update on school.
As for Relief Society, things are going well! Our attendance as a whole has raised 20% and I have finally established a good friendship with all of the girls. I am also starting to feel comfortable in my calling and in teaching.
Ok so finally an update on my social life... I am trying to get used to dating life again. Honestly I never realized how much of a pain dating is. Everyone I know is trying to set me up with either a brother, cousin, brother in law, uncle... you name it. Luckily I have a great roommate Krista who goes with me on most of my dates and I go with her on most of hers. This makes them much more bearable and sometimes a ton of fun. I guess what I am trying to say is that the dating life is kinda sad right now but thats ok I will have one again in 2 years when Mike gets home ;)
These are Krista's and my dates. The guy on the left was a friend of mine that wanted to take Krista out so me and my friend Alex decided to join them.
This was a fun activity I did with a bunch of my guy friends. My friend Nick ahs this rigged up in his barn out in Mapleton. I did my first backflip ever attached to this thing. I actually ended up doing so much it worked my abs out till they were sore! This is probably one of my favorite things I have done so far this year.

3 comments:
Stef! You posted something on your blog! Good girl. I'm not so sure about the picture with me in it though other than it is so dog gone cute of you! Love you!
Mom
Stef...You are so darn cute! Love your blog!
-Brooke
So glad you posted! took me a while to finally read it--i'm so used to you not posting. Glad you are getting more comfortable in your calling. Once you figure it out, that's usually when you get released. Bummer, huh?!
Keep dating! It's good for your heart. hehe....
Sure miss you! You are beautiful and I am glad you are loving your classes! I took the Proclamation one and really loved it. You make me want to move back to Provo and take more classes again!
Post a Comment