Ok so I'm sick. Big surprise about 68% of the holiday season I am sick. Every Christmas without fail I have the flu. It's almost expected and anticipated by now. This is all a side point though. What I really want to blog about is my earache. Last night around 1:30 I woke up to one of the most excruciating pains in my ear that I have ever had.
Like any sensible barely awake girl would do I got out of bed, pressed against my ear, ran down the hall only to open the closet door too fast so that it smacked me in the face. After I shook off the lights that were swirling around me from the full force of the door smacking into my face I grabbed a qutip and shoved it into my ear.....bad idea. As soon as the qutip was inside my ear it began to hurt even worse, so of course I began to move it around thinking that the pain would stop. Nope. Instead I wound up with an even worse earache.
So I felt my way down the hall without the lights on to the kitchen where I poured myself a glass of orange juice so I could take some ibprofen. I probably should have turned on the lights so I could see where I was pouring the juice. I would say only about half of it made it into the cup the rest ended up all over the counter. I really could care less with my ear pounding so badly but I cleaned it up and took my pills. I went back into bed moaning and groaning and put a heating pad on it. My brother informs me that I should have taken a picture of this... I don't see the humor in it. Well maybe a little seeing as how the heating pad smothered most of my face and I ended up with the cord wrapped around my body twice when I woke up.
I woke up every ten min or less because the pain wouldnt let me sleep. I called my dad around 4 where upon hearing his voice I immediately started to cry. I am such a pansy when it comes to being sick I need to be nurtured! He told me to take some Ibprofen...check, and put a heating pad on it...check. His advice wasn't very helpful since I had done both those things already but atleast I got to hear a friendly voice. I stayed awake until six or so in the morning when finally my ibprofen kicked in and I was able to fall asleep. It is not uncommon for me to get earaches my parents informed me I used to get the "all the time when you were little." I guess I have a lot to look forward to in the future, earaches, the flu every year at Christmas, and of course doctor visits.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Do your ears hang low do they wobble to and frow....
Posted by
Unknown
at
1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh hon, I am so sorry you were so sick! I hope you are feeling spritely now with Thanksgiving just a bit away. If it makes you feel any better, even when you are "grown and have your own kids" you will always want to call home when you get sick. I have yet to grow out of my wimpy-ness.
Post a Comment