Friday, May 9, 2008

The Hunt...

Well i am back in Provo again. I spent a week in St. George for my birthday and then me and my mom moved me back up to my new apartment the week after. I have to admit I love my new room...its much better than a shared dorm room with a roommate that had a habit of sneaking out late at night. I have a full sized bed now too so consequently me and my mom just HAD to go an by new bedding and visit the infamous IKEA in Draper. Needless to say we spent a good 3 or 4 hours there and then went back again the next day. We were decoration shopping for my new room for a good 36 hours. Now my room is all finished and adorably decorated and I have two wonderful roommates. I have been working at a Floral Wholesale for a week now doing floral arrangements and processing flowers as a holiday helper so as of May 23rd i am out of a job!
I began looking for a job about a week ago and I have interviewed for only one so far. I am hoping to find a receptionist type job or something along those lines. However thats not looking too hot so far so I might have to go back to sales again or a hostess/waitress type job. Ideally I want to work a fully time job from 8-5 everyday like I am currently. If anyone has any ideas or insights let me know. I am getting desperate!

3 comments:

Hil said...

I think it is pretty sad that your room is more decorated than my entire apartment. Ha! Good luck with the job hunt. Try Great Harvest... I always wanted to be a great harvest girl... do they have great harvest in utah even?

Hil said...

Oh! Try a nursery! That would be a great summer job.

Rebecca said...

I'd say try working at a bank or credit union, that's an 8-5 job. Jake and I work at credit unions and we love it! There's usually a lot of openings in May for them because everyone goes home for the summer...last May is when Jake and I found ours.