So as most of you know I have been using wordpress....or used it once anyway and I decided to transfer over to the blogpsot world and see if I like it any better. I am kind of blogging challenged and can't seem to get it to work very well for me because it just takes too much darn time. Time that I don't have while I am working 30 hour work weeks and going to school and having a little social life. I love to look at everyone's blog in fact I check my sister Hilary's and her husband Jerry's every single day, my little sisters and Jon and Landry's almost every day too. Occasionally I look at Melody my cousins because she has probably the cutest little boy in the whole world! I recently discovered my cousin Michelle's blog and check that one a lot and funny enough I check my sisters sister in law's blog and my sister in laws blog a lot too. I realize that what makes all of these so fun are the cute little kids and the funny pictures they post so I am hoping I will be able to match up to them.
Just as a little update on my life I am currently going to school at BYU and am finishing up mysecond semester this April. I am also working at American Eagle in the University Mall part time which is starting to be a real pain in my rear! I am planning on majoring in Landscape Management with hopes of someday being a floral designer. I will post all of my creations on this blog with hopes that any of my readers may end up liking them and hopefully then want me to do some for them. This I did for one of my guys friends girlfriends birthday. It didn't turn out as well as I had wanted to but I couldn't do much with WalMart flowers.
This one I did for my roommates brother on Valentine's Day (roses and carnations)This is the handle of the bouquet we learned some really cool techniques with ribbon and pins
This one is a bridal bouquet...a small version anyway, this would be more of a bridesmaid one.
This one is a fake arrangement I made when I came home last week.
I am absolutely in love with doing any kind of fresh flowers or fake flower arrangements. I have learned how to do funeral sprays, flowers for proms, wedding bouquets, simple arrangements, basket arrangements, Japanese arrangements and of course many abstract arrangements as well. Doing flowers has become the one thing that calms me down, allows me to express myself and make money while I am doing it. However it seems like everyone I have been doing it for takes it as a charity project and I never end up getting paid. This doesn't bother me too much until I calculate the gas I used to get the flowers, deliver them, and the time I spent putting them together. This usually only occurs when lame freshman boys ask me to do arrangements for them and then don't say anything after I do them just take them without a word of thanks....don't worry I keep a list of these boys and they will not be enjoying any more of my free services. I can't wait to be done with school in three weeks hurray! I am going home for the summer to be with my amazing parents in my lovely home with my cute puppies and 13 soon to be 14 year old sister. I hope they are as excited as I am because you can bet I have been counting down the days since January. Anyway this blog is terrible long I still need to put up some pictures of my flowers and our cute new little puppy. Oh I also just cut four inches off of my hair so I will post a pic of that too.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Switching over to Blogspot
Posted by
Unknown
at
10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fun blog stef. I'll set up a link on my blog so people can check it out! I love the flowers, and the hair... so cute! Also, as a side note, I have heard of this site called cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com and it has some pretty cute backgrounds if you search hard enough and they are pretty simple to use if you are interested! Keep up the blogging!
Holy cow! You do a fantastic job with those flowers! I would totally pay you to do an arrangement for me. You are on my list to call as soon as I get a home. Your hair looks great too! You Sheppard girls are so beautiful!
Post a Comment