Sunday, May 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home


We finally have a space to call HOME! Now instead of rental payments we have mortgage payments. I feel much better putting our hard earned money into something that is ours and not somebody else's! We bought this 1970 beauty back in December and I can promise you since then it has been nothing but perfect for our needs.

I was in charge of finding houses to go and check out and the price of this one was outragously low so I decided that even though it looked like a house that could have been on the TV Show Happy Days we should at least take a look. When we walked in all three of us (Brett, myself and our Realtor friend Tom) knew it was the one. 4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms with a garage and a patio... I could see myself living there already. We left feeling relieved to have found a home just in the nick of time.... because this was the 2nd time we had been told we had to move out 1 month in advance and the second time we had to move over Christmas... but not anymore! So we did a lot of praying and fasting and then Brett and Tom worked up an offer to put in. There were a few hiccups (something to do with taxes, figuring out what would be included in the house...blah blah blah) but they got sorted out and we moved in the beginning of January! Hurray! We love this house and I am so excited to do all the fun remodeling and gardening to make it more like any of the homes on HGTV and less like Happy Days.

It will be nice after moving all summer to come home every year to the same place. Maybe it will make summer selling a little easier to cope with...

0 comments: