Monday, May 24, 2010

Thoughts

I'm surrounded by amazing women out here in North Dakota. One of them ran a marathon this year, two of them go jogging every morning and another one does P90x. One is a photographer, and one is in school to become a teacher while another one is a certified teacher. Three of them have kids. Two of them have two and one of them has one. All of them are wonderful mothers. One runs the office out here and keeps it running perfectly. All are amazing cooks and crafters. All of them are beautiful and stylish. One of them is the happiest person and I know and another one the second happiest person I know. They are all supportive of their husbands and are perfect wives.


So what do I bring to the table among these inspiring women? All I can think of is that I can cut hair for the most part and I like crafts. I used to be a hard worker, or at least I tried to be so guys thought I would be the perfect housewife. I used to always try and take care of everyone and keep them happy and I think I did a good job at that. I used to not talk so much. I used to be a great listener and give good advice. I used to be a good student and do well in school. I used to have lots of friends and relatively little to worry about. I was stylish and confident. I was always moving forward. In reality I was a lot closer to being who I want to be then than I am now. I don't know when it happened but I got lazy. I stopped caring and decided that I wanted to be taken care of instead. I lost my confidence, I started talking too much and slowly started moving backwards.


Being around these women has been extremely humbling and educational. Every night before bed I tell my sweetheart about these women and what they did that day to help me become a better wife and person. I don't know if I will ever run a marathon and I know for sure I will never do P90X. I know I am a terrible photographer and will probably always be. I doubt I will ever be a teacher or be organized enough to run the office. But one day I will be a mother and the perfect wife. I will no longer move backward but start moving forward again. My family deserves that. I have a lot of catching up to do but I know I can do it. I am so grateful for these women and the other women in my life that inspire me to be better. Don't even get my started on my mom, mother in law, sisters and in-laws. I am truly blessed to rub shoulders with all these women.

3 comments:

Hil said...

Funny thing is... all those nice things you said about those women, they are for sure saying them about you to their husbands at night. You bring a whole lot to the table, and you don't have to wait until you are a mother to start moving forward again. Just continue being the happy, crafty, stylish, optimistic person you are!

Ben and Heidi said...

It's great to find someone or people who help you want to be a better person. You know, our hardest critic is always ourselves. I'll bet that they can say the same about you. Everyone has their own talents and we are not all made the same. That's what's so great about people. We can all strengthen each other with the things Heavenly Father has given us.

Anonymous said...

Stef! This broke my heart! Don't say stuff like that! Being on the outside looking in... All I can say is I have always looked up to you! You probably just never knew it! But you are an amazing person! When do you guys come back? We need to do something and you can use your hair skills and do mine :) Thanks! Have a blast out there and remember you are just as amazing as those girls out there with you!