Monday, May 3, 2010

Recovering

Well I am back. I don't know if any of you even noticed I was gone but I took a long break from the blogging world. Our lives decided to go a little haywire and I have been recovering from the insanity of it all.

First off we are finally settled here in Fargo, North Dakota. We have been told by many locals already to not watch the movie Fargo as it is nothing like that :) In a nutshell Fargo is flat, green, and very spacious. Everything is very spread out and without any mountains its really hard to tell where you are or what direction you are going. The wind is INSANE here. We had winds the other day that were so strong that roofing was flying off of our building and there was a tornado wind warning. Our apartment however is very comfortable and I have already made best friends with the bathroom by sleeping there 2 nights in a row with severe nausea. I'm not talking cold sick I mean full blown, nausea, headache, fatigue with no sleep or relief sick. The kind of sick that makes you text your husband at work that you are dying and if you aren't you wish you were. However I will continue to survey this city and the rest of this state and I will be sure to keep you updated.

Second, it was my BIRTHDAY! Being 21 is not nearly as magical as everyone makes it out to be. That could be because I don't drink or gamble but I am thinking its just because its really not that big of a deal anyway. People drink and gamble before they are 21 even though its not legal. I guess now when Brett and I go to Vegas he wont always make fun of me when we walk through the casinos teasing about how if I get caught being there they will kick me out. Please, they would do that even now that I am 21 seeing as how I look 16. Brett however surprised me at the airport on Saturday with flowers when I joined him in North Dakota after a long lapse of being apart while I vacationed with my parents in St. George for 10 days. (it was a very much needed vacation and was wonderful!)Then on Sunday, my birthday he made me a very delicious dinner with his wonderful dad. It was a wonderful way to spend my birthday!

Finally why everything has been so crazy and I have had need to recover. Before we left I was obliged to pack up the house and clean so that visitors there while we were gone wouldn't be disgusted with how we had been living while we both were in school. Brett was studying for finals and so I every night would come home from school and begin my chores. I did all the laundry and sheets and towels, cleaned the bathroom (never got around to the master... so if you are planning on staying at our place just use the guest one) and cleaned the kitchen. I somehow got burned out and didn't get to the room that doesn't have a name because we don't know what its purpose is other than to store all of Brett's shoes, hats, and electronics. I think I half expected Brett to do it... anyway in summary the house is still barely presentable and consequently is on my mind all the time. I escaped to St. George and was reminded of all the drama that comes with being a teenage girl in high school and I sympathize for my sweet little sister who has to endure it all. It was also brought to my attention that I never want the calling to be a Compassionate Service leader. My mom has recently taken on that duty and it seems like way more work, and stress than I am cut for. It's just one more thing I admire my mom for being so amazing at.

Well that's pretty much everything except the sensitive subject of having to leave Rylee with Sunnie Brett's mom. I can't talk about that still! I'm pathetic but I love her like a child,! Anyway enjoy this video I came across that made me smile and remember what's really importent.

My New Life

4 comments:

brett said...

My baby. You are so amazing. Thanks for taking this journey with me. I hope you enjoy it! Iloveyousomuch

Hil said...

I hope you are feeling better! Enjoy North Dakota and go to the mall of America for me while you're there. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt & Chelsea said...

i started bawling a little when i watched that video! what a strong person it would take to have to go day to day with her struggles. Power to her! im inspired! we/I miss you stef!! i hope you come back for NAHA! oh and if you are planning on coming you should let catie know because we have been signing a sheet!