After 3 years at BYU I decided to drop out and go to Hair School. It was a hard decision for me since I have always dreamed of having a college degree and graduating from BYU. It took several discussions until I decided it would be the best for my family. In 12 months I will be a licensed cosmetologist and be able to bring in money that isn't minimum wage from working retail. I'll also be the favorite in the family now considering the fact that I will be able to do all of my sisters and moms services for much cheaper than what they pay now. I have been at school for 2 weeks now and so far its been pretty good. It's been interesting being in a school with ALL girls and not quite the standards BYU had. Luckily I have made some good friends and I really enjoy my teachers as well. So far I have learned; cornrows, updo's, shampooing and blow drying, and manicures and pedicures. Tomorrow's agenda is the big time, we will actually be cutting hair! Yeehaw! I am pretty nervous but Mani-can heads don't have feelings and won't care what their hair looks like. I will be sure to keep you all updated on how hair school is going. Sorry no pictures this round :)
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
hey that is awesome!!! that's what i've wanted to do since i was little!! what school are you at???
You are the perfect hairdresser: gorgeous, stylish and fun to talk to. I'd totally have you cut my hair. Congrats! I hope you love school!
stef you're the bomb! :)
I think you'll be a great hairstylist, bravo.
Wow! That's a change. I'm glad for you though. Good luck with it and maybe I'll come sit in your chair sometime too.
yeehaw! Congrats and good luck! we're happy to be your guinea pigs any time. Did I ever tell you Kyle's secret wish was for me to go to hair school?! Totally serious. He's going to be soooo jealous for Brett now, ha!
Post a Comment