Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Tree




Brett's Uncle brought us a real Christmas tree to have this year. It smells so good! The night we got it Brett just HAD to decorate it. So we put the lights on. We then realized neither of us knew how to do this and the lights we bought didn't have the connectors at the end so we have three chords plugged into the same outlet...firehazard. In order to fix the lights we called Brett's dad. He came and worked his magic which was essentially saying "No they look great!" Flicked a light and then it honestly looked better. Crazy. Brett then wanted to put up the star. We don't have a ladder or a chair high enough so my first thought was he was going to play buddy the elf and jump up on the tree. Instead he decided to jump up the wall. It worked and he was safe so I am happy.
Father and Son. So proud of their work.
Brett's mom made us these adorable stockings. I LOVE them!
Here is the final project. No nice ornaments or decorations yet. Maybe when we have been married 15 years. :)

can you spot the three chords plugged into the wall? I sure as heck can...they drive me crazy

3 comments:

Hil said...

I totally thought of Elf when I saw the pic of Brett putting the star up. HILARIOUS.

AnnMarie said...

I love it! I have been married for 11 years now and have never had to put lights on the tree myself until this year. Travis always does it. I tell him that they are not quite right every year. I have a new appreciation for Christmas light putter onners. It's not as easy as it looks! Your tree looks great!

Michelle said...

I love it! It looks even prettier in person. :)