Thursday, November 5, 2009

Recipes


I have had several people ask me for Recipes from the recent meals and baked goods I have made. I have never been more flattered because I don't particularly see myself as a fantastic cooking homemaker. However when you see how easy these recipes are you will also see that I am a fake and fraud and not a spectacular cooking homemaker.

Delicious Homemade Syrup:Blockquote

My grandma Sheppard always has a bottle of this in her fridge which I would look forward too anytime I would go and spend a weekend with her and grandpa. Every morning I would wake up to Eggo waffles and homemade syrup. It's absolutely delicious and you will see why.

2 CUPS of Sugar (this is what makes it delicious)
1 Cup of water
1/2 Teaspoon Mapeline or imitation Maple Flavoring

Bring one cup of water to a boil. Add sugar and maple flavoring. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Leave on medium heat until ready to serve.
(you might want to make sure you have a container to store it in like a glass dressing bottle if not a water bottle works great... thats what I used. Just don't drink it and make sure to tell your husband not to either)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Hands down this is one of my guilty pleasures. This recipe makes three loaves and I have single handedly eaten one and a half of mine in the last two days. It makes a great Visiting Teaching treat, gift to neighbors, midnight snack, early morning snack, mid afternoon snack, and anytime snack. It really makes the house smell delicious and gets you in the mood for fall.

Ingredients

3 cups white sugar

  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I used 2 bags, one semi sweet one milk chocolate...I learned that from my mom, the more chocolate chips the better any recipe is.)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) ( I don't recommend this)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 1 pound size coffee cans, or three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill cans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
  3. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans or pans.

Last one for today.

Zesty Cheese Potato Soup

This is really good with fresh rolls or Bread Bowls. I loved this soup it was absolutely delicious!


Ingredients:
3 Cans Cream of Potato Soup (I cheat this way because I can't make my potatoes soft enough and it also shaves off 1 hour of this recipe)

2 Cans Evaporated milk

1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese

Cooked bacon diced to sprinkle over the top.

Directions:
Mix Cream of Potato Soup and Evaporated Milk in a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil stirring consistently. Add some of both cheeses to the soup and leave some to add to individual bowls a long with the bacon. Viola you are done and enjoy!


Soon to come, Balsamic and Garlic Chicken, Rocky Road Popcorn, Club Panini's

3 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Oooooh! I can't wait!

brett said...

She made something tonight that was AMAZING.. you should put that one up too stef.

Ben and Heidi said...

Did you take all those pictures? You have a really artistic eye! Awesome! Thanks for the recipes.