Hmm just imagine the anxiety and stress I am experiencing right now. Everything was going smoothly up until last weekend. I went to go pick up my dress when to my dismay my wedding dress was 2 inches too short for me, without shoes. Not only was the dress too short it was also two sizes too big around my waist. Little did I know that the "custom" dress I ordered that was measured by the designer herself would come back looking like this just weeks before the wedding and AFTER we had paid for the whole thing. When I called to tell my mom the news she didn't believe me. It wasn't until I tried the dress on for her when I got back from picking it up in Northern UT that she said, "Oh well...hmm" We were counseled by the lady we bought it from (who will remain unnamed) to steam it and that by doing so it would "grow" at least an inch.
two hours later....
The dress had been steamed and left to hang before I tried it on again. I put it back on and well it may have grown a few centimeters but was still at my ankles and worse with my small kitten heels on. We ran over to the lady that made the bridesmaid dresses to see what she could do. Embarrassingly I lost it at her house and began to cry. I could gather from the way she was talking she could fix it but was doubtful it would be anything like I had wanted it to be and still might not fit.
I finally emailed the lady I bought the dress from explaining my frustrations and disappointments. It was the ONLY way to get the whole thing off my mind and to keep tears and choice words from flowing through my mind every time I thought about my dress and the whole mishap. I eventually got an email in return saying she would help pay for alterations OR she would take the dress back minus a 10% restocking fee. This meant I would have to go and find a completely new dress that needed absolutely minimal alterations as soon a possible since I have bridals on the 14th and oh yeah that one thing called a RECEPTION on the 25Th.
My mom being the sweet lady that she is immediately took me out to go and find a new dress. We decided returning the other dress was a our best option since it wasn't really worth trying to fix. I returned to a store I had visited a few months earlier and tried on a dress I had tried on the first time I had been there. Well let's just say I love it. I decided it was more "me" than the other one and I felt 1,000,000 times more beautiful in this one.
However....
I can't buy that dress until the money is returned to my mother's card from the previous dress. So here is the problem. The dress still needs to be hemmed, pressed, steamed, and spot cleaned all by the 11th when I head up north to go to the Bountiful Temple, my sweet sister in laws baby shower, and my family bridal shower and then my bridals. Now do you see my problem? I already know everyone is thinking "put it into perspective 20 years from now it won't even matter." or " its just the dress the important thing is your getting married." or "it will all work out OK." BUT put yourself in my place as the BRIDE who is trying to get everything ready for a wedding and the one thing that she wears may not even be done in time or she may not even get! I think I deserve a thousand dove chocolates, a night in the tub, and some soft music to try and get all of this to go away if not that then at least some kind of medication....
i am going to try and post some pictures of the short dress... they are somewhat humorous
Friday, September 4, 2009
Bridals Next Tuesday the 14th and NO Dress..
Posted by
Unknown
at
4:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I would be livid!! I can't believe you should even have to pay a restocking fee. I'm sorry! I bet the dress you're getting will look beautiful though. Can't wait to see you.
oh man! i would be mad too! and who says its just the dress! NO! your wedding day is the day that is all about you and you want to look like a princess out of a fairy tale! Not just a dress! love you and if i can do anything let me know!
Hi Stef!!! Hmmm ... looks like from your picture that you could click the heels of your ruby slippers and murmur "There's no place like home!" Well, ok, wouldn't solve your problems but might be a nice escape. For a minute anyway, then back to reality! I can't believe you're getting married! Little Stef!
Oh no! I hope everything worked out! Keep us posted on this. I can't believe just a few years ago we were silly 14 year old girls curling our hair together for EFY dances and now you're getting married. How exciting! :)
Stef the dress you have now is BEAUTFUL!! I think it might be safe to say this little fiasco turned out to for the best? Maybe I'm just biased but you looked so pretty in your dress! I'm so glad I got to see it. I can't wait for your wedding!!! Miss ya :)
Hey Stef!! I stumbled across your blog and I have to say that you make me giggle! I love reading about you and Brett and I hope you don't mind that I am blog stalking you! Just trust me when I say that all the wedding stress is worth it, and something always has to go wrong before your wedding! Atleast you didnt break your nose a week and a half before your wedding like I did! (my photographer had her work cut out for her when she saw how much editing she had to do in order to cover up my bruises!) I love ya Stef! Good luck with the wedding and CONGRATUKATIONS!
Post a Comment