Ok everyone. I have a confession. I am hoping by admitting this it will be the first step in recovering from my addiction. Here it goes: I am addicted to Craigslist.
Phew, now that I have that off of my chest I can tell you all how this got started. Back in the day when I was first engaged I started searching craigslist daily for used wedding dresses for sale. I was so convinced I would find this killer deal on a dress that I was searching for one all the time. Then I started looking for apartments to rent and houses to buy, then I started looking for washers and dryers, then I started looking for couches, then bedroom furniture, then coffee tables, then dining room tables....it sadly got to the point that I was checking it almost twice a day... I recently realized I had a problem when I started to even look for things not in my region and also began looking at things like pets for sale, or services that could be provided, and the most embarrassing of all I had checked just about every category in the "For Sale" section. I am proud to admit that I have started a goal and it is to only check it twice a week AND only if there is something I need to find.
I have never purchased anything from Craigslist which is also the weird thing about my addiction. I guess I just like to see what people are selling and what they think their stuff is actually worth.
I guess I just have a weird addictive personality. I don't think its usual for people to check a website like that daily...
just a side note... do NOT read the whats for sale in the Jewelry section. It is really sad. There are hundreds of engagement rings for sale and most of them have a story to go with them... not a good way to start your day. Also the pets one is a heart breaker, I had to realize I couldn't save all of the dogs on craigslist by buying them all.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Step 1: Admitting you have a problem.
Posted by
Unknown
at
8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh gosh. i am right there with you! i check craigslist everyday! i love it. but your right the jewlery section is quite sad. But you never know what kind of deal you can get on there. so i have to check it! no intention of stopping either. haha
haha that makes me laugh so hard. I am glad to know I am not the only one! Oh and about that double date! Are you guys open this week any time? Brett is coming to St. George on Tuesday and we are pretty open!
Thats funny sweetheart! I love you!
Post a Comment