Saturday, June 6, 2009

The real story

Its my turn to try and contribute to this wonderful blog of ours. My sweetheart has done such a great job of making it look absolutely amazing. Its just what she does. Everything she does she does perfect. As Stef mentioned I am currently working in Washington... One Thousand miles away from my love. I love her and thank her for everything....
I have wanted to write on here for a long time and try and correct the story Stef told about how we met. I'm pretty sure she told it wrong.
I met Stefanie in a hot tub. That is pretty much it for me... Right love... Okay, so not exactly. She actually thought I was just a punk kid that thought he was "Mr. Everything"! And of course I would never think that about myself. :) So I remember trying to start a polite conversation, but she had her eyes fixed on one of my best friends from high school, Tyler Gunderson! I'm in sales... It takes a little bit to get me off the door step. Stef slammed the door in my face that night! I didn't have much of a choice. I went about for the next few days wishing I would have some how got a return appointment, or at least a contact number. Fortunatly my good friend Mr. Gunderson has just as good of taste as I do. The real "Mr. Everything" got her number and they actually went out a few times. I was actually lucky enough to be home one day when Stefanie came over to help Tyler "STUDY". I guess thats what these BYU students call whatever it was they did. They definately did NOT study... Stefanie seemed to be studying really well. I was so jealous that he found such an amazing girl. How many people in this life get a girl to read your textbooks to you while you sleep. I know some people will have tape recorders play at night, but to have a real live girl read you to sleep was, I thought, the greatest thing since cold cereal and milk! I really was jealous. I eventually had to go see if this superstar of a girl had any friends. I can count the times I've sat down to read a book on one hand. I'll admit it, I'm not a good reader. As you can probably tell from my grammer in this blog. (Which is sad concidering Stef's background as well as her fathers. At least one of us can help our kids with their homework!)anyways... I came out to the front room where Tyler in a doze, half snoring, with Stef reading his text book out loud, and tried to read. Stef, rudely being interupted by Tylers abrupt snorts, saw I was there and asked about my book. We started talking about reading. I find out that this girl had, so I thought, read Atlas Shrugged a novel by Ayn Rand. WOW... red flag. The coolest book ever.. I mean, I personally have never read it, but it has changed the life of the people that have read it.. :) Right stef.. (I just found out last night, that stef never read it either.. haha) After our conversation I had to find out if she had any friends that were as cool as her. She mentioned her friend Kaitlynn. She started to tell me about her, and she said she was going to set me up with her the following weekend (VALENTINES DAY) ooo ooo... So that night after I put my number in her phone :), I talked to Tyler and said,"Tyler that is the Coolest girl that you've ever brought home." Now, those of you who know Tyler, that's saying something. Tyler is a pretty loving guy, and he does bring home quite a few girls (sorry Stef). He told me that I should take her out. I got so excited. The next afternoon I added Stef to my friends on facebook. She was online and we started talking about her friend Kaitlynn. I "smoothly" started hinting to the possibilities of her and I going out instead of Kaitlynn. I was feeling bad about Tyler, but at the same time I was beginning to crush on this girl. I was all smiles later that afternoon when I got a phone call from Ryan. (Ryan is my cousin that was somewhat dating Stefanie's roommate Krista) Ryan said the car ride home Stef dropped a few hints that she might actually like me instead of Tyler... :) YAY! I was pretty stoked. That night I had planned on going to watch my little sister's basketball game. I for some reason really wanted Stefanie to come. RED FLAG!!! meeting the parents wasn't the best thing for a first date. Not that my parents are not a big plus for me... I decided to play that card later. Besides, I didn't really know all that much about Stefanie. I texted her during the drive, and when I got down to the game. She invited me to go eat sushi that night. I did just drive an hour south of Provo, and sushi was an hour north of Provo. I was finally persuaded by some sweet incentives, such as a sandwich that was offered by non other than Stefanie herself. WOW! I was falling for this one pretty quick. I was complaining about the drive, and how hungry I was. She was willing to drive as well. I was sold.
I arrived about 45 minutes after I said I was coming. My foot was a little heavier than usual. I was either extremely hungry, or those butterflies that grow in my stomach were fluttering out of control. Probably because I was scared I was going to ruin my friendship with Tyler, and I didn't tell him we were going out that night. :) I ended up passing him on the way to Stefanie's apartment. He was just getting off work, so he called and asked what I was doing. AGHH.. I had to tell him. I just didn't want him to come along. No offense Tyler, I just needed a fair chance to steal this girls heart. When I got there this random girl jumped in my car. It was really funny. I had waved at my former blind date.
I lost my breath when I saw Stefanie. She looked amazing. The drive was great. I was nervous the whole time. Stefanie made a few hints of what she liked and didn't like in a guy. HAHA I don't want to say what they were, but I think she knows which one I'm talking about. The date went well I thought. Other then the hidden table under our food. I thought it was a real Asian restaurant where they sit on their legs. I couldn't believe how well everyone there was taking the pain. At the end of the meal I couldn't take it anymore. Both my legs were asleep. I asked how everyone was sitting without their legs hurting... I felt every eye in the restaruant on me! Oh man, I felt bright red. I guess everyone had been sitting normal at the hidden table. I guess it was something that a normal person would've realized.. nope.. not me! One of the greatest moments of the night was being able to sit and enjoy the last sushi on my plate. I don't remember tasting sushi so good!

more to come...

0 comments: